Categorized | Featured, National News

Attorney’s Sister Found Dead after House Fire

Cries from residents rang out yesterday morning in the Whites Addition area, off Kemp Road after a woman’s body was found inside a home that had been set ablaze.

Chief Superintendent of Police Paul Rolle said the woman’s body was found “burnt beyond recognition”.

“Sometime around 7:20 a.m. this morning, an adult male went to the Wulff Road Police Station where he had reported being involved in an altercation in the Whites Addition area and reportedly a structural fire. Upon arrival in the Whites Addition area, we met a two-story concrete structure engulfed in fire,” Mr. Rolle said during his address to the press.

Mr. Rolle, who stated that police believe this is a homicide investigation, said fire officials extinguished the fire and found the charred remains of a female in a room located upstairs in the home.

Though police were unaware of the victim’s identity, the female was identified by a relative as 33-year-old mother of three Tiffany Cargill-Knowles. She is the youngest sister of attorney Ian Cargill.

Her aunt, Prescola Hall, said that this tragedy has left her and the rest of the family in complete shock.

“Today, when I went to go take my grand baby to school, I got a call to say she is dead. This is unbelievable that Tiffany is dead,” Ms. Hall said tearfully.

“It is so difficult. When I saw Ian passing just now, knowing that that is his last baby sister, it really hurt my heart to see the pain in Ian’s face. I know the way how he loved Tiff. I just can’t believe Tiff is gone,” she added.

Ms. Hall and residents in the area believe the incident was a result of a domestic dispute between the victim and her husband which turned fatal.

“I heard some things that my niece said that he came by her house yesterday and said some things that was going on with him between his family and that’s as much as I know. But knowing Tiffany, nobody can hold Tiffany down, nobody. Tiffany can fight like a man, so for me to believe that Tiffany was stabbed and burned, more than one person had to do that. One person couldn’t do it,” Ms. Hall stated.

Police are holding the 34-year-old man who reported the incident to police, who is believed to be the victim’s husband, for questioning.

Investigations into this matter continue.

Just over two weeks ago, a young woman’s life was taken and her body left to burn in a home on Margaret Avenue.

However, yesterday’s similar incident pushes the country’s murder count to 27 for the year.

Written by Jones Bahamas

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Watch JCN Channel 14 Shows

Jcn Channel 14

Sign in now to see your channels and recommendations!

Join Us on Facebook