Categorized | Featured, National News

Violence At PMH

After having to rush to the scenes of four murders in 13 hours, police officials were also called to the Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) Sunday night to investigate “a violent disturbance” in the Accident and Emergency Department involving a doctor, hospital staff and a group of angry visitors.

It is reported that Emergency Medical Services (EMS) workers and doctors treating a shooting victim, were involved in a brawl after they were attacked by family members and friends of one of Sunday night’s shooting victims, who demanded that they save her life.

In fact, the Journal can confirm that some of the angry loved ones ordered that doctors remove the bullet that was lodged in her chest and ensure that she lived.

The victim, who has since been identified as 35-year-old Latoya Williams, the daughter of popular radio personality Tony Williams, later died in hospital.

Central Detective Unit (CDU) Head Superintendent Paul Roll on Monday, while giving an update on the weekend of carnage recorded in the capital – four murders and more than a dozen shootings – reported that police officials had to rush to the PMH A and E section following the shooting death of a woman at Cordeaux Avenue.

“A number of persons went to the hospital and rushed the persons at Accident and Emergency, disrupting them from performing their duties,” he said. “We had to dispatch a large team of officers to provide coverage for the authorities there and bring calm to the situation.

“I think they were some relatives of the injured parties and we appeal to persons to exercise calm and we have to allow the medical practitioners to provide assistance and save lives.”

PMH officials said yesterday that details are still sketchy, but they did admit that investigations are ongoing into a “situation” that took place.

While they would not reveal any details surrounding the incident pending, the Journal was reliably informed that, “Something did happen, there was a situation.”

The hospital source who did not want to be identified at the time said the full details will be outlined in an official press statement which is expected to be released today.

“All of that will be in the release,” they added. “But we can say that no one was injured.”

Investigations are ongoing into the incident.

Written by Jones Bahamas

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Watch JCN Channel 14 Shows

Jcn Channel 14

Sign in now to see your channels and recommendations!

Join Us on Facebook