Categorized | National News

Two Fires within 24 Hours –Fire Leaves Two Men Injured

Officer in charge of the Royal Bahamas Police Force (RBPF) Fire Services Branch Superintendent Walter Evans on Tuesday gave an update on two recent fire related incidents that took place in the space of only 24 hours leaving two males injured.

The first fire occurred on Monday on Constitution Drive around 8 a.m.

“We got information that a house was on fire and when we got there we met fire coming from an apartment complex,” said Superintendent Evans.

“Prior to the arrival of the Fire Department, we were told that a neighbour used a tool to force open a door because there was one person on the inside of that vicinity. Shortly thereafter, a male came running out of the house through the flames.

He had received some injuries. He is currently in the hospital in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).”

The second and most recent incident took place at a small house on Montrose Avenue around 7 a.m. on Tuesday.

It was an explosion which appeared to be caused by a propane leak. This incident also left one man injured so bad that pieces of his skin were left on the furniture and walls.

“The information that we received was that an explosion took place at this vicinity and what we discovered when we arrived was that all of the windows except the bathroom window was blown out,” Superintendent Evans said.

“The front door was also blown out. We believe that this may have been as a result of leaking propane that was on the inside of the vicinity. We received information that there was one occupant on the inside. We understand that he was thrown into an arranged refrigerator and he was taken to the hospital where he is detained in serious condition.”
Superintendent Evans warned the public to be precautious in their homes and to always take fire safety measures.

Written by Jones Bahamas

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Watch JCN Channel 14 Shows

Jcn Channel 14

Sign in now to see your channels and recommendations!

Join Us on Facebook