Categorized | National News

Greater Diligence Needed For Judicial Duties

Helen Brown said she does not need police confirmation nor DNA tests to prove that the man’s body found shot and burnt beyond recognition is that of her son 30-year-old Nekos Kemp.

She told The Bahama Journal Friday that Kemp left their Malcolm Road home around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and never returned home.

She said she has a gut feeling that he never will.

“They (the police) don’t have to give me that kind of confirmation,” she said. “That’s for their records. I already know that it’s him.

“I won’t allow them to put me through anything because I already know.”

Ms. Brown added that based on a sequence of events that have taken place since Wednesday, it is not closure she is looking for, but it is strength to deal with what is now her reality.

“It was not confirmed by the police up to 3:00 p.m. (Thursday) that it was my son Nekos Kemp,” she added. “But I know that it was his car and I know that it was him because when I see he didn’t come home 9:00 p.m. Tuesday I knew something was wrong.

“He always comes home and even if he doesn’t come home when I call for him he would always answer his cell phone. But he never answered his phone and he never came home. So I got up early Thursday morning and I kept calling his cell phone, no response. I called all the police stations and he wasn’t there.”

Ms. Brown added that her son, who was wearing an ankle monitoring bracelet at the time of his death, was arrested on Friday January 24 around 4:00 a.m. for violating his bail conditions for a pending rape case.

She said he remained in jail for five days and was released early Wednesday morning, the very same day police made that gruesome find.

Police reported that around 3:00 p.m. Wednesday they found a man’s body shot and burned in the passenger seat of a Honda Civic behind the Dundas Centre for the Performing Arts.

Police are still on the hunt for four men seen running from the crime scene.

“The last time I spoke to him was 10:00 a.m. Wednesday morning,” Ms. Brown said. “When he was released from the Central Detective Unit (CDU) around 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning he called me to ask my sister to give him a ride home.

“She picked him up and my niece brought him here. He stayed here, changed his clothes and left about 10:30 a.m. That was the last time I saw him.”

Kemp’s mother said police are now requesting DNA samples from her to confirm his identity and added that police are still trying to clean up that ankle bracelet to retrieve its serial number to make a match.

“Nekos called me while he was in the police station and said he gave the police some privileged information and in turn they sent him out to the wolves, they never protected him,” Ms. Brown added.

“They should have protected him. Whatever it was he said to the police, they should have protected him, they didn’t.”

She added that Kemp is the father of an eight-year-old son and a one-year-old daughter.

Ms. Brown said she does not know who her son was with when he was killed but did confirm that just an hour before what is believed to be his body, was found, he was spending time with his youngest child.

“It had to be friends that he knows,” the mother said. “Nekos doesn’t let anyone sit on the driver’s side of his car. Nobody sits in that seat.

“It had to be someone who lured him there and they did what they had to do. Thank God for God. My daily prayer is asking for strength and I am receiving it.”

Journal sources said Nekos Kemp had an extensive police record with more than 60 cases in the system.

These include three rape matters, one in 2008, another in 2009 and the most recent in 2012.

Sources also said he had nine drug arrests and other arrests including harassment, threats of death, armed robbery among others.

Written by Jones Bahamas

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Watch JCN Channel 14 Shows

Jcn Channel 14

Sign in now to see your channels and recommendations!

Join Us on Facebook