Categorized | Featured, National News

Fumes Kills Family


Simms TOP PHOTOA couple and their infant grandchild were killed yesterday after they inhaled carbon monoxide from a generator at their Nassau Village home.

Assistant Commissioner of Police Stephen Dean confirmed that the family was found unresponsive by neighbours and relatives around 8:00 a.m.

The family was transferred to the hospital but the couple succumbed soon after around 11:00 a.m.

The infant, who was seven-months-old, died some time later.

When police found the family there was no electricity to the home, police said.

Officials did not release the identity of the victims.

However, the Bahama Journal understands that the female is Princess Simms, a senior manager in the Ministry of Tourism and Bradley Simms, a police reservist.

The infant’s name is unknown.

In light of this tragedy, Mr. Dean sent a stern warning to the public about generators.

“We want to tell people if you are going to connect a generator get a professional involved and do not attach it inside the home,” he said. “Generators can be very dangerous particularly if you don’t know what you are doing and we are warning people not to use it inside of an enclosed building,” the assistant commissioner said.

Investigations are continuing.



Written by Jones Bahamas

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Watch JCN Channel 14 Shows

Jcn Channel 14

Sign in now to see your channels and recommendations!

Join Us on Facebook